Friday, February 27, 2009

It's a Nick Drake Sort of Day

It's a Nick Drake sort of day, kiddies. Nick is all I have been listening to all day long. If you haven't yet had the pleasure, check him out. Viddy below. Sadly, a lot of you folks will already know Nick's music from a Volkswagen commercial. Farfenugan, mofos. If I spelled that shit wrong, you German motherfuckers let me know, okay?

Nick was a fellow depressive who offed himself accidentally. It happens, peeps. If it happens to me, don't weep. SB doesn't give a shit. Living or dead--doesn't matter. It's all cool. No matter what goes down, I'm just along for the ride.

5 comments:

Alec Beattie said...

Big fan of Nick. Five Leaves Left is a classic. Just finished a biography about him - he was a flawed genius, profoundly lacking in any self-belief. The good die young, and dickheads like Bono go on and on and on and on....

Robin said...

Not familiar with this musician at all...where was recording(USA, UK?)?

thanks for visiting my blog...it started from the beginning as something totally different that it is now. We hoped to use it for promoting organ donation BUT...

Keep your spirits high...robin

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Nick was from the UK, Robin. He didn't sell many records in his short lifetime, but now he has a fairly large cult following. Heath Ledger wanted to play him in a movie, and Brad Pitt is also a big fan of his music.

I enjoyed your blog. What a story you have to tell. Amazing! I hope you are doing well. Aren't the insurance companies bastards?

Alec Beattie said...

Sorry, but I stand by my comment. Bono is a retarded gobshite

Robin said...

Thanks SB and yes, insurance companies fall under the shit-tard title in my mind. Wishing you well...keep your spirits high..robin