Monday, February 23, 2009

Sean Penn's Academy Award Acceptance Speech

Of course, I was rooting for Mickey Rourke for Best Actor, but Sean Penn is one of my favorite actors, and if he could have given any better acceptance speech last night, I'm not sure how.

I agree with Sean one hundred percent: Prop 8 is ugly and it's demeaning. If you supported it, you are at best an unkind human being and should be ashamed of yourself, and at worst, you are ignorant and need to read the New Testament and the Constitution again. ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. That's the America I believe in.

I don't remember Jesus setting an example by going around making people feel bad about themselves. Love is acceptance. Love is surely not cruel, exclusive, or mean.

Penn is right--history is not going to look kindly upon the Prop 8 ignorance. All of you supporters should be ashamed of yourselves. Pinheads the whole lot of you.

No comments: