Monday, April 4, 2011

I Just Like the Damn Photo, Okay?

Christopher Isherwood and Don Bachardy, a portrait of two lovers.

"A few times in my life I’ve had moments of absolute clarity. When for a few brief seconds the silence drowns out the noise and I can feel rather than think, and things seem so sharp and the world seems so fresh. It’s as though it had all just come into existence.
I can never make these moments last. I cling to them, but like everything, they fade. I have lived my life on these moments. They pull me back to the present, and I realize that everything is exactly the way it was meant to be."
--Christopher Isherwood, A Single Man

8 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Nice house, too.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Yes, isn't it? I think Isherwood may be my favorite writer, along with Vonnegut, of course.

Anonymous said...

Well, nothing lasts.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

So true, Mary. Love you.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Wonderful stuff. I love Isherwood. I must rent A Single Man. Hope you're good my friend xx

Syd said...

I live my life for moments that come every day, if I choose to open my eyes and see. I have moments of clarity if I am present.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Syd,
You are right--PRESENT is KEY.

Love you lots.

SB

Big Mark 243 said...

... and when those moments of clarity arrive, sometimes they confirm what you already knew, if you let yourself believe ...